Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Edinburgh Film Festival

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Kev Owens's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    701
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Was at the festival on earlier this week and had a look at some of the digital shorts and features.

    There is hope for us all yet- believe me. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

    Budgets ranged from ?4k to ?1.8M, and nothing impressed me- in fact all the films I watched were poor.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Sounds like good news, Kev.

    I've got a couple of ideas for digital features that'll cost about ?100 - providing we can blag the equipment.

    Even ?4K is out of the reach of a lot of indie film-makers.

    Ever seen The Last Broadcast? That was made for about $900, which equates to roughly 500 quid in proper money.

    And it pisses all over the Blair Witch Project.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Kev Owens's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    701
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, I have seen the Last Broadcast, (the Jersey Devil movie). I enjoyed it very much and I reckon it proves a point that alot of the films I watched seemed to miss-

    Have a good idea BEFORE you make a movie!

    Alot of these films seemed like they'd been written after the funding was in place- otherwise who the hell would want to make them?! No originality, no story, poor cinematography... the guys who made the Last Broadcast had a great idea and worked with what they had (Plus, if memory serves The Last Broadcast is often criticised for copying the Blair Witch; when in fact it preceeded it!)

    I think that for no budget digital features the idea and the concept is the key. If the idea is great, the budget is a problem that can be overcome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •